The build should look identical to the designs supplied:
- Check each design against the built page looking for any errors or inconsistencies.
- If there is mobile or tablet designs also check these against the build.
- The build should look identical to the designs unless otherwise agreed.
All emails should be tested using Email on Acid and a link should be provided by the developer:
- Scroll through each screenshot making sure all is well.
- Check to ensure the developer has not turned any clients off, specifically Outlook 2007, 2010, 2013 and 2013 120dpi.
- If there is any amends to the email, or Email on Acid issues, ask the developer to resend a revised test link when they have fixed, and repeat process.
All code released by Gooey should be to a high standard, and semantic:
- Open the email in Dreamweaver and check that it displays correctly on ‘Visual View’. This is a good/quick way to see if there is any unclosed tags or errors (multiple classes on a td etc).
- If the email doesn’t display there is a code error.
- If the email has tags highlighted in yellow there is an error.
- Check all images have alt tags and the alt tag descriptions are correct.
- If the email uses custom fonts including in the build files, check that the font/s are not available on Google Fonts.
- Check that the email uses our Email template