Before handing over your website for internal QA, you should test the website yourself.
Check work against designs
- Open the designs on one screen, website on the other, and check each page to ensure nothing has been missed.
- Also check that all fonts, font weights, heights, widths, margins, padding, colours have been accurately followed.
- Ensure the site has been tested in all major browsers, and back to IE10 (unless otherwise specified).
- Ensure you have tested the site in devices (phone and tablet). Use actual devices too.
- Ensure the site passes W3C validation (bar i.e. WordPress elements causing issues, eg. Gravity Forms)
- Ensure the site scores well for speed (Google Speed Test).
- Ensure that the CMS is easy to use and pages can be built easily.
- Ensure all pages are built using ACF Flexible Content (a page builder), unless agreed otherwise.
- Ensure the site has a 404 error page.
- Ensure that the htaccess template has been used.
- Ensure the wp-config.php has the below code in it (to stop admin users installing plugins, taking unauthorised backup’s of the site etc).
define( 'DISALLOW_FILE_MODS', true );
The project will be QA’d however by adhering to the above there should be minimal QA amends.
Please do not send anything to be QA’d that is not fit for purpose.
Anything that is sent and does not meet acceptable standards will be sent back for you to complete in your own time.